classes taijiquan self defence qigong tai chi for health about us reviews a-z
A taijiquan school
We are a taijiquan school. There is a syllabus, lessons, teachers. Learning is our focus. Taijiquan cannot be taught in a haphazard way - a proven syllabus is essential.
Our students explore an advanced version of Yang style taijiquan.
Who are we?
Kung fu instructor: Sifu Waller
Qigong and tai chi teacher: Rachel Waller
Teaching assistant: Chris Young, Karen Laws and Dr Ben Beattie
Volunteer coordinator: Chris Young
Social secretary: Maria Valassia Peppa
Fit to teach
Sifu Waller is a professionally qualified teacher (Postgraduate Certificate in Education). Rachel and Sifu Waller are advanced-level instructors with The Tai Chi Union for Great Britain.
Sifu Waller is an experienced kung fu instructor. He has a background in ju jitsu, karate and wing chun, and offers a very pragmatic taijiquan syllabus. His sessions are stimulating, fun and non-macho.
Rachel has a background in taekwondo.
I think Sifu Waller knows
more about functional biomechanics than all the orthopaedic surgeons I have
met put together.
(Dr David Cousins)
Students explore the human body, physics, biomechanics, pragmatic martial skills and Taoist wisdom. The in-depth syllabus is comprehensive and thorough. You can study it at your own pace.
Modern teaching methods combine with traditional training approaches to provide a stimulating environment.
What we offer:
• Unparallel opportunity to study taijiquan the martial art, chin na, shuai jiao, jing, neigong, qigong, tai chi for health and tai chi for fitness
• Fully-differentiated syllabus designed by a professionally qualified teacher
• In-depth investigation of Yang style taijiquan, the secrets teachings and the philosophical background
• Authentic skills
• Up to 4 teaching assistants in every class
• High quality tuition
• Comprehensive martial application of taijiquan
• Extensive range of skills available
• New material every week
• Good value for money
• Gain an advanced level of understanding
• Follow the teachings of The Taijiquan Classics and The Taoist Classics
A good place to be
The main appeal of our school is the total break from everyday life. We offer vibrant, active classes; free from cliques and politics.
There is a pleasant, relaxed atmosphere of camaraderie and good humour. Enjoy an evening without pressure, the need to play a role or keep up appearances.
Who does taijiquan?
Our students come from a diverse range of backgrounds. Taijiquan appeals to all sorts of people.
Who has hired us?
contact details Sifu Waller rachel waller assistants
Page created 2 March 1995
Last updated 18 June 2021