classes taijiquan kung fu self defence qigong health about us reviews a-z
Newcastle Tai Chi is a school, not a drop-in class. Our students attend most weeks throughout the year and take advantage of a variety of training opportunities.
Train up to 2 hours a night. Lessons for members start at 6:30 PM. Members are welcome to arrive at whatever time is most convenient.
We offer 4 different approaches:
Tai chi and qigong for health
Tai chi for fitness (qigong, core strength, psoas work, leg stretches and Taoist Yoga)
Tai chi for self defence (for people with no martial arts experience)
Kung fu (chin na, shuai jiao & taijiquan)
may train at whatever level they are capable of doing. Our program is entirely self-differentiating.
Members of our school have access to training opportunities, knowledge, skills and resources that are not widely available at other tai chi schools. We explore an advanced version of Yang style taijiquan.
Benefits of membership
• Opportunity to purchase school DVDs
• Address individual health concerns & training requirements
• Tips & pointers, refinement & corrections
• One-to-one assessment/feedback/guidance available
• New material every week
• Access extra web pages via the school database
• Workshops, boot camp and class social events
• All the famous health benefits of taijiquan
• Fully-differentiated teaching
• 13 areas of study
• Complete biomechanical understanding of form
• Exploration and application of The Taijiquan Classics
• A wide variety of qigong exercises
• Taoism & Zen
• Brain work (meditation, awareness, metacognition)
• Cheaper private lessons
• Option of joining Rachel's Tea Appreciation Club
I learned more from Sifu Waller in 6 months than I did in almost 2 years with my previous school.
suitability induction course school joining membership pricES Faqs
Page created 8 May 1996
Last updated 02 September 2021